MINORITY HEALTH WORKFORCE DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
The application deadline for this scholarship has ended. Any applications received after Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020, will not be eligible for consideration.
The Minority Health Workforce Diversity Scholarship is an award offered by the Arkansas Minority Health Commission to college students of a minority race who plan to pursue careers in the field of health. The goal of the scholarship is to help increase diversity in the state's healthcare workforce, which could have positive effects on both the health of minority populations and the quality of care in Arkansas.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must meet the following requirements to be elibigle to receive the Minority Health Workforce Diversity Scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Must be a bona fide resident of the state as defined by the Department of Higher Education for a minimum of 12 months immediately before the date on which the student applies
- Must be enrolled in a program of study that leads to or is creditable towards a field of health (i.e. medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dental, radiology, allied health, public health and/or health related professions)
- Must certify they are tobacco-free and must pledge in writing on the application form to refrain from the use of tobacco
- Must represent a racial minority population underrepresented in health workforce (i.e. Black American, Hispanic American, Native American/American Indian, Asian American and Marshallese)
Before completing the sponsorship application, please review the sponsorship guidelines by clicking the link below.
To download the sponsorship application, click the link below. Once the sponsorship application is complete, please email the completed form to AMHC director ShaRhonda Love at email@example.com or mail to:
Arkansas Minority Health Commission
1501 S. Main Street Suite A.
Little Rock, AR 72202